Sep 6, 2019
episode of GriPSSI, Dr. Cindy talks about the importance of
planning for your future! Whether you are just getting started in
your career, have a start-up, or going strong in your own
profession, women need to focus on achieving longevity in their
business in order to maintain long-term success. With all the
obstacles women face in the working world, they need to be
especially cognizant of the reality that their drive could
potentially fizzle out and their health could fail, from neglect.
It takes an incredible amount of energy to deliver, day-to-day and
often, people forget to take a break and heal themselves
In this episode, you’ll hear Dr. Duke discuss creating a
“longevity plan”, how to avoid burn out, and what you can do today
to maintain balance in your life.
- Making sure the dream survives
- Defining what success is for your business (ex: happy clients,
hard-working staff, great reputation)
- “In order to get balance, you have to TAKE balance.”
- Taking time to step away from your career to give yourself time
- Protecting yourself from negative energy
- The impact of sleep, exercise and diet
Key Takeaway: Life is a journey, not a race.
That means making sure you can go the distance, planning for the
ups and downs, and taking breaks when you need to recharge.